- 4 large fresh tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
*Ingredients available from Hampshire Farmers’ Markets
Prep 45 m Ready In 2 h 45 m
- Combine diced tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, green onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a large bowl. Stir in salt, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Place cherry tomatoes, olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in a blender. Cover and puree until smooth. Pour pureed mixture through a strainer into the tomato-cucumber mixture; stir to combine.
- Place 1/3 of the tomato mixture into the blender. Cover, turn blender on, and puree until smooth. Return pureed mixture to the remaining tomato-cucumber mixture. Stir to combine. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Season cold soup with salt and black pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with basil.
recipe from http://allrecipes.com/