Meal for a Tenner
Enjoy this delicious, comforting, hearty meal. Made using fresh, local ingredients bought at our market from Hampshire Farmers’ Market producers.
- Isle of Wight Tomatoes (used 175g) (£1.75) (full bag 350g £3.50)
- Half a red onion (from the fridge, I estimate 10p/15p)
- Parsley (from the garden, estimate £1 to buy)
- Ambrose‘s Dry Cure Oak Smoked Streaky Bacon (162g) (£2.91)
- Briddlesford Farm Dairy‘s Halloumi Style Cheese (used 100g) (£1.75) (full packet 200g £3.50)
- Noah’s Ark Farm, Large Free Range Eggs (4 eggs) (84p) (full box 6 eggs £1.25)
- Hoxton Bakehouse‘s Country Bloomer (4 slices) (1.40p) (full loaf £3.50)
- Half tomatoes, finely dice onion, finely chop parsley, gentle mix in bowl with salt and rapeseed oil to preferred tasty and texture.
- Heat oven to 200c, place bacon on tray and cook for about 10 mins, turn half way.
- Heat nonstick frying pan until hot but not smoking, slice Halloumi into slices or battens, place in frying pan and dry fry until golden and crispy on each side.
- Gently beat eggs in a bowl with a little salt and pepper, melt a good knob of butter in a nonstick pan over a medium heat, add eggs and cook until desired texture.
- Toast 4 slices of bread.
Plate up & Enjoy!
Photo credit: Stuart Webster Photography.