Recipe by Farmer’s Choice.
Cooking time : 7 hours
Serves : 6
For the Confit:
For the Torte:
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish, add the goat/lamb and cook until lightly browned, turning frequently.
- Allow to cool a little and then add the marinade and white wine, mix well.
- Tightly wrap tin foil around the dish, making sure is completely sealed, then place in the oven and leave to cook slowly for approximately 6 hours.
For the Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, line a dish with greaseproof paper, drizzle and little rosemary oil.
- Place a layer of sliced sweet potato on bottom of dish, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with some spinach. Lay half of the pulled goat/lamb over the sweet potato.
- Repeat the process.
- Finish with a final layer of sweet potato and pour over any remaining meat juices (add extra wine if a little dry), cover with foil and place in the oven for approximately 50 minutes, until the sweet potato is cooked through.
- To serve invert onto a serving plate and slice.