225 g Butter or dairy free spread
2 tbsp 100 g oats
1 tbsp Baking powder
100 g Golden granulated sugar
120 g Wholemeal flour, plain
200 g frozen raspberries, blueberries or cherries berry mix
*available from Hampshire Farmers’ Markets
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas mark 6/390°F). Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper or silicone muffin cases.
- Weigh out the butter and sugar into a large bowl and whisk together until well combined. Break in the eggs, one at a time, whisking in between each one until all four are mixed in. Once all the eggs have been added, continue to whisk for a couple of minutes.
- Add the flour, 100g oats and baking powder and whisk together until completely combined.
- Drop a heaped teaspoon of the mixture into each muffin case. This will form the base of each muffin and help to prevent the fruit from sinking.
- Gently stir the frozen fruits into the remaining mixture, taking care to ensure it is evenly combined.
- Divide the remaining mixture between the muffin cases. You may end up with a little extra of the mixture, so be ready with a couple of extra muffin cases if necessary.
- Top each muffin with a sprinkle of the remaining oats.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Once cooked, cool on a wire rack before serving warm, or cool completely and store in an air tight container.
Recipe from eatsamazing.co.uk