1 small lettuce (approx 225g in weight), washed and dried
17g shelled peas
5 spring onions, chopped finely
850ml vegetable stock
Approx 2 tbsp single cream
1 tbsp fresh snipped chives
salt & freshly milled black pepper
- First melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the chopped spring onions and let them cook gently for 5 mins. Meanwhile chop the cucumber into chunks (no need to peel) and shred the lettuce.
- After the five minutes is up add the lettuce, cucumber and shelled peas to the pan. Give it all a stir, then cover and leave the vegetables to sweat gently for 10 mins.
- Next pour in the stock, season with salt and pepper, give it another good stir and bring to the boil. Now reduce the heat to low, put the lid on and let it simmer gently for another 20 mins.
- Leave it to cool a little, then whiz it all in a blender (probably best in two batches).
- Pour the soup into a bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave it in the fridge to get absolutely cold.
- When you’re ready to serve, check the seasoning, divide it among four chilled soup bowls, scatter the chives over each serving and swirl about a dessert spoon of cream into each one.
Recipe from Delia Online