- 750 g Crown Prince squash*
- 25 g butter*
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Large garlic clove*, haled
- 300 ml double cream
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh sage
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
*available from Hampshire Farmers’ Markets
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel squash, remove seeds. Cut into 1 inch cubes, cook gently in a pan with butter, salt and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Rub garlic around sides of a shallow dish. Tip in the cubed squash.
- Bring the cream to the boil, add a little salt, the grated nutmeg, parsley, and sage.
- Pour cream over squash, sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden on top.
You could use Pumpkin, Onion Squash, or Kabocha Squash for this recipe.