* 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
*12 chicken thighs with skin and bone still on
*750 grams chorizo (whole if baby ones or cut into 4cm / 1½ inch chunks if regular sized)
*1 kilogram new potatoes (halved or winter potatoes cut into small chunks)
*2 red onions (peeled and roughly chopped)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
Grated zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7/425ºF. Put the oil in the bottom of 2 shallow roasting tins, 1 tablespoon in each. Rub the skin of the chicken in the oil, then turn skin-side up, 6 pieces in each tin.
- Divide the chorizo sausages and the new potatoes between the 2 tins. Sprinkle the onion and the oregano over, then grate the orange zest over the contents of the 2 tins.
- Cook for 1 hour, but after 30 minutes, swap the top tray with the bottom tray in the oven and baste the contents with the orange-coloured juices.
* available from Hampshire Farmers’ Markets
by Nigella. Featured in KITCHEN
Image Lis Parsons