- 115g crabmeat (fresh or defrosted)
- 4 large, flat mushrooms
- 15g butter
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 15g white bread crumbs
- 30ml double cream
- salt and pepper
- 15g Old Winchester Cheese, grated
*available at Hampshire Farmers’ Markets
- Wash the mushrooms and remove stalks, place into an ovenproof dish.
- Head the butter in a small pan and gently fry the spring onions and garlic for three minutes.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper, breadcrumbs, cream and crab-meat. Season.
- Divide the stuffing between the mushrooms and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with salad and crusty bread.