1/2 Gem Squash per person
15g butter per person
- Chop the gem squash in half.
- Remove the stalk and use a dessert spoon to scoop out all the seeds. If you leave them in, the squash can taste bitter.
- Put the two halves of the squash back together and wrap loosely in foil. Make sure you are allowing any steam to escape, but not letting the juices leak.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for about half an hour, or until the orange squash flesh is soft.
- Allow the squash to cool until it is safe to handle using a tea towel.
- Use a dessert spoon to scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
- Add the butter and the salt and mix well.
- For an impressive serving effect, you can use the hardened squash shells to serve.