FOR: 2 CUPS
2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
2 tablespoons tahini paste
2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons lime juice, (or lemon juice)
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, or one 14-ounce can
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast flakes, optional
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
*available from Hampshire Farmers’ Markets
- Bring water to boil in small saucepan, add broccoli florets and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain water using a colander. Rinse florets under cold water to halt cooking process.
- Place broccoli florets in food processor with tahini paste, olive oil, water, lime juice and garlic.
- Process until smooth, Scrape down sides of food processor.
- Add chickpeas, yeast flakes, cumin and salt.
- Process until smooth.
- Serve immediately or keep in refrigerator for 3 days.
Recipe from healthiersteps.com