- Ambrose Special offer Gammon Joint
- Homemade or a small jar of apple sauce
- 2 tbsp English Mustard
- 2/3 tbsp Hampshire Honey
- Optional peppercorns, onion and bay leaves
Cooking time 30 mins per kilo plus 30 mins ( e.g a 1kilo joint will need a total cooking time of 1 hour).
- Place the Ambrose gammon joint in a large saucepan and cover with cold water (you can add an onion, peppercorns and a couple of bay leaves) bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for ¾ of the total cooking time.
- Remove from the water and leave to cool sufficiently to take off any rind and then score a diamond pattern into the fat.
- Preheat your oven to 180/200 C, gas mark 5/6.
- Place the gammon on a foil covered roasting tray, and then cover the fat with the mustard.
- Next cover with the mustard and the apple sauce and finally drizzle honey over the top and the sides.
- Place the gammon into the oven for the remainder of the cooking time basting with the juices at regular intervals until cooking is complete.
- Once cooked take out of the oven and leave to
- Enjoy hot or cold.