Hampshire Farmers’ Markets are recruiting a Market Manager to cover our Southsea monthly weekend markets.
The Market Manager acts as the on-site manager for the market to ensure that the market operates in compliance with the law and HFM objectives and standards/policies.
These main areas of responsibility include:
- Overseeing the setting-up, breaking-down and site tidiness of the market on market days, including allocation of spaces etc.
- If required facilitating the set for the use of electricity by stallholders
- Distributing of market publicity material to stallholders
- Completing market reports relating to the day including a footfall counts, on occasions collecting payments from stallholders, issuing receipts,
- Working with stallholders, customers and others on market days to answer queries, foster good relations and generally promote the activity of the market
- Managing stalls as and when necessary, e.g. stallholders require comfort breaks etc.
- Undertake a risk-assessment of operations and preparing a report post market.
- Prepare a market report following each market to be submitted to the HFM Market Office.
- Enthusiastic and efficient
- Well-developed people skills
- Good computing skills
- A good organiser
If you are interested in managing one or more or of our markets, or require additional information, please contact Valerie Nicel on 01420 588671 or email email@example.com