*200g Baby leaf Spinach
3 tbsp plain flour
*4 large eggs
Salt and Pepper
1 red pepper
*1 bunch spring onions
*1 medium courgette
*Can be purchased from Hampshire Farmers Markets Producers
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (gas 6). Grease and line the base of Swiss roll tin.
- Finely chop the spinach, put into a bowl with the flour. Toss together with seasoning.
- Whisk the eggs until very thick, and creamy. Carefully fold in the spinach mixture with a metal spoon. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread it out evenly. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until firm to touch.
- Turn out the roulade onto a sheet of baking parchment, trim the edge and roll up tightly with the paper inside. Leave to cool.
- Finely chop the spring onions and pepper, grate the carrot and courgette mix with the hummus.
- Unroll the roulade and spread the hummus mix evenly on the top. Roll up the roulade using the paper to keep it in shape.
Serve warm or cold.
(N.B.Replace Spinach with Watercress to give a delicious peppery Zing)