250g brown sugar
1 pint milk
1 vanilla pod
1 pinch of salt
1. Boil the milk with the vanilla pod, cut in half. Leave to infuse.
2. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
3. Butter a baking dish.
4. Peel and cut the rhubarb into small pieces and make them caramelize them for 5 minutes in a pan with 100g of brown sugar and a tablespoon of water.
5. Wash and hull the strawberries and arrange the whole buttered dish with rhubarb.
6. In a bowl, break the eggs and add the melted butter, remaining sugar and a pinch of salt, mix thoroughly, then add the flour and warm milk without vanilla.
7. Whisk again slowly and gently.
8. Pour over fruit into the dish.
9. Bake for one hour. Your strawberry and rhubarb pudding is ready!