For the poached apricots
250ml white wine
1 orange, halved
55g caster sugar
1 apricot, halved and stone removed
For the syllabub
284 ml double cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 vanilla pod, seeds only
1 lemon, juice & zest only
2 fresh mint sprigs, to garnish
- For the apricots, heat the wine in a deep saucepan to reduce slightly for 3-4 mins. Squeeze over the orange juice and add the squeezed orange halves to the pan.
- Using a sharp knife, scrape the seeds out of the vanilla pod. Set aside half of the seeds and add the pod and half the seeds to the pan.
- Add the sugar and let it dissolve then add the apricot halves. Simmer for 5 mins, then take the pan off the heat and allow to cool.
- For the syllabub, whisk together the cream with the vanilla seeds until soft peaks form.
- Add the juice lemon zest and icing sugar, fold together gently.
- Spoon the cream mixture into two tall desert glasses, top each with a sprig of mint and half a poached apricot.