Pastry & Topping:
200g plain flour
50g ground hazelnuts
*140g cubed cold butter
50g castor sugar
*3tbsp raspberry jam
*500g stoned cherries
50g roughly chopped hazelnuts
- Rub together flour, hazelnuts and butter until fine crumbs. Add sugar. Remove 3 tbsp and set aside for topping.
- Add 1 – 2 tbsp cold water to fine crumbs to make dough.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 mins.
- Roll out dough thinly to line tartlet tins, muffin tins or bowls.
- Warm raspberry jam and stir in cherries. Spoon into pastry cases.
- Stir chopped hazelnuts and sugar into set aside topping and sprinkle over cherries in their pastry cases.
- Bake for 30 mins at 180 0C until lightly browned. Cool for 10 mins.