Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes (for medium rare)
- 1 x 350-400g (12-14oz) lamb mini roasting joint (lamb thick flank)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the Rosemary Butter:
- 50g/2oz butter, softened
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves or 10ml/2tsp dried rosemary leaves
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- To prepare the rosemary butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface and season. Spread with the rosemary butter. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium roasting tin and roast for 35-40 minutes (for medium).
- Remove the lamb from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Carve and serve with creamy sliced potatoes and seasonal vegetables.