2 tbsp Dried Lavender (culinary)
1 Large Unwaxed Lemon use juice and zest
1 tsp dried thyme or a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme
4 tbsp Olive Oil
4 tbsp Honey
4 – 6 kid cutlets (depending on size and appetite)
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Crush the lavender and then mix all the marinade ingredients together. Once well mixed coat the cutlets, cover and leave to marinade overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil and wait until pan is not quite smoking.
- Season cutlets
- Place in pan and leave cooking for about 8 mins(depending on thickness of cutlet) until juices are clear, turn over and repeat (leaving for less time about 4-5 mins if meat preferred pink).
- Leave cutlets to rest for 5 -10 mins.
- Serve with new potatoes and vegetables of your choice, I quite often use fennel and tomatoes.
Recipe from Devese Farm Animals