*½ apple, cut in half through the centre, core removed
*1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp icing sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
*3 tbsp double cream
Sprig of mint
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas
- Melt the butter in a small, ovenproof, non-stick frying pan and fry the apple, cut-side-down until golden. Add the honey, icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Transfer to the oven for six minutes or until the apple is soft in the centre and heated through. Lift the apple out onto a small plate.
- Add two tablespoons of the double cream to the remaining sauce in the pan and stir over a medium heat to thicken slightly.
- Pour the sauce around the apple and spoon the remaining tablespoon of double cream over the apple to serve. Garnish with mint and serve.