1 garlic clove
15g pine nuts
Pinch of salt
Small handful basil leaves
50ml Olive oil
40g Lyburn Winchester cheese,
2 Noah’s Ark Farm free range
Flour for dusting
1 medium egg, beaten
3 slices of bread made into breadcrumbs
TOMATO & BASIL SAUCE
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp sugar
Handful torn basil leaves
Salt and Pepper
150g Lyburn Winchester Cheese
- Put the garlic, pine nuts, and a pinch of salt into a food processor. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the basil leaves. Process to a paste.
- Switch on the processor gradually pour in the olive oil.
- Add the cheese. Blend for 10 seconds. Scrape the pesto into a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Pre heat oven to 180C Gas mark 5.
- Flatten the chicken breasts with a rolling pin in between two sheets of cling film.
- Spread the pesto on one side of the chicken breasts. Roll up tightly and secure with cocktail sticks.
- Roll in the flour, brush the chicken with egg and then dip them in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Cook in a pre-heated oven 180C Gas Mark 6 for 20 – 25 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
TOMATO AND BASIL SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the crushed garlic, cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato puree. Simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the sugar and basil leaves. Season to tatse. Keep sauce warm.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Grate small piles of the Lyburn cheese on to the tray. Bake in a preheated oven 190C Gas mark 5 for 3 – 5 minutes until golden brown. Leave on the tray to cool for 3 minutes. Serve the Lyburn crisps with the chicken roulade, tomato and basil sauce, rice and seasonal asparagus.