For the dressing:
½ a cup of extra virgin olive oil or pomace oil
2 tbsp of white wine vinegar
1 tsp of honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
8 stems of asparagus (hard root removed)
1 x 8oz Ribeye steak or steak of your choice
100g of fresh watercress or salad leafs of your choice
10 cherry tomatoes
- Make your dressing by adding all the ingredients together and whisking then season to taste.
- Heat up a char grill pan until hot, then add a little oil and add your trimmed asparagus and cook until just tender, set aside until later.
- Get your Ribeye steak, season with sea salt and place into the pan cook for 2-3 minutes on one side then turn over and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side (medium rare) cook for longer if you want more well done. Once you’ve done this remove from the pan and allow to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes before serving.
- Slice your radishes into very thin slices then put in a bowl with your watercress or leaf salad. Slice your cherry tomatoes in half add to the bowl then drizzle your dressing over the salad and toss to mix together.
- To serve place half of the dressed salad on each plate then slice the Ribeye into strips and share between the two plates and serve