1 ½ lb Asparagus
8 oz unsmoked back bacon in strips
1 potato peeled and cubed
1 pint chicken stock
½ pt jersey cream
3 spring onions chopped
Salt and pepper
2 tbsps olive oil
4 oz bacon
Zest and rind of 1 lemon
4 fl oz crème fraiche
1. Cook bacon and spring onions in oil until crisp and stir in potato and
2. Trim asparagus and cut stems in half setting 12 tips aside.
3. Add rest of asparagus to bacon mixture with cream and stock and
cook for 10 minutes until potato cooked and asparagus tender.
4. Blend and sieve and add seasoning before reheating to serve.
5. Garnish with grilled bacon pieces and blanched asparagus tips
cooked in lemon water. Add a spoon of crème fraiche before serving.
Can be served hot or cold.